10 Productivity Boosting Habits
By Nathan Froelich November 30, 2015
Mortgage professionals are busy people, it’s that simple. Hardly a day goes by that you aren’t doing something for your business, thus your to-do list can seem never ending.
It takes a lot to run a successful business, so the length of your to-do list is not necessarily something you can change. Instead, focusing on being more productive and efficient with your time is the key to getting the most out of your day while still having time to enjoy it.
Here are 10 things you can do to become more productive as an MLO:
1. Write down daily goals – What do you have to/want to accomplish today? Break up your goals into these two categories. By doing so you are creating a to-do list that is prioritized while also mentally confirming to yourself what you will get done for the day.
2. Make a schedule for the day, and stick to it! – Plan everything from follow up calls, to breaks. Plan accordingly meaning if you are most productive in the morning schedule your high impact task then and low priority task for the afternoon.
3. Break up your projects – Working on a new marketing campaign or presentation packet? Don’t spend the whole day on it. Give yourself a due date and schedule out the days and hours which you will work on it.
4. Organize – Set up your computer and office space so there are organized system in place. Create a written process for your regular duties such as new mortgage application. Everything should be entered into a database and tracked accordingly.
5. Limit social media – And every other media heavy website. Liking one thing can lead to exploring another thing... and it doesn’t end there. Schedule time for social media and web browsing into your day so you can be sure to enjoy yourself while staying on track.
6. Become accountable – Most of the time entrepreneurs are only accountable to themselves. Problem with this? It is easy to put things off for another day. Telling someone about your task for the day will make you feel more obligated to do them.
7. Have automated systems in place – There are now hundreds of online systems that can help your business run more efficiently, including Agent Engage. Use automated systems like Agent Engage to stay top of mind with your clients with little effort from yourself.
8. Take a break – It’s been proven time and time again, taking a break will not only drastically improve your productivity levels, but you will be happier and healthier as well.
9. Have a quitting time – No matter how much you love your job, knowing an end time is near is essential. Set an end time to keep a healthy work/life balance, in addition to having daily deadline times.
10. Rest – Shut down your computer and quiet your phone. It is important to give yourself time to rest your body and mind before starting a new day.